Emily Ruins Adam is the eighth episode of Season 2 of Adam Ruins Everything. The episode aired on August 29, 2017.
On this special episode, Emily turns the tables on Adam to reveal how IQ tests don’t determine intelligence before looking back at mistakes the show has made and explaining the backfire effect of trying to convince someone they were wrong.
Emily starts off by debunking the idea that IQ tests measure intelligence. IQ tests are actually deeply biased. The test was originally designed for children. The only thing they tell you is how good you are at taking IQ tests. They don't actually measure intelligence.
Emily goes on to explain that DNA evidence isn't fool proof. While it's still an amazing tool, it should be used cautiously. She also said that air marshals don't halt terrorist activities, despite what Adam said before.
Adam promises to be better with his facts in the future, despite having made mistakes in the past.
- Taylor Blackwell as Toadly
- Thomas Christopher Colby as Binet
- Punam Patel as Melinda
- Paul F. Tompkins as Jenkins
- Matt Cordova
- Adam Lustick as H. H. Goddard
- Jon Gabrus as Football Player 1
- Larry Herron as German Cop
- Cadence Marmet as French Kid
- Bart McCarthy as Boxing Coach
- Collin McShane as Italian Man
- Laura Murphy as Director
- Jae Suh Park as Boxing Reporter
- Simone Shepherd as Crossfit Woman / Patient
- Eliza Skinner as Flapper / British Passenger
- Helen Wilson as Old Austrian Lady
- Scott Ryan Yamamura as Crossfit Man / Doctor